What are the differences between a restroom trailer and a portable toilet?
We’ve all been at events such as festivals, races, outdoor weddings, fundraising, and funfairs. Some of these occasions are scheduled to last for a few hours, an entire day, or a whole weekend. We can partake in physical activities such as singing, dancing, running, balloon blast, ring toss, and many more during this period. You’ll generally require food and drinks after some of these activities.
These refreshments increase the urge to use the restroom. Areas with a lack of standard toilets have to resort to portable toilets or restroom trailers on some occasions. When we are pretty pressed, it is hard to take notice of the differences between these two facilities. The call of nature could press us so hard that we are becoming solely preoccupied with emptying our bowels.
Core differences between a restroom trailer and a portable toilet
Can you tell the main differences between these two types of toilet facilities? How do they both compare? Let’s look at some of the differences between both facilities:
- Individual vs. group stalls: The restroom trailer is built with a combination of two or more stalls. These private stalls can be unisex or gender-specific. On the other hand, portable toilets are manufactured as an individual or private stalls. Either way, you should expect multiple stalls in a single restroom trailer. The number of mobile units available in a given venue usually translates to stalls. This is unless there are other facilities like the quad urinals.
- Mounted on wheels vs. stationary platform: As the name implies, the trailer restroom stalls on platforms with single or double tyres on both sides. With this realisation, you can quickly expect these toilets to be moved a lot quicker from one point to the next. Portable toilets are usually transported to the designated venues in company vans. They are typically placed on cemented floors, grasses, concrete, e.t.c. The mobile facilities do not have wheels built in them but look stable enough to withstand various weather conditions. Also, they can easily be moved from one point to another with the help of the portable toilet hire company. ‘
- Affordability: Event organisers and management are expected to make buying decisions based on the approved budget. It is essential to plan and compare the prices from different companies. Sometimes, hiring a portable toilet unit may be more affordable than trailer restrooms.
- Space factor and layout: Our toilet experience may be determined by the hygienic state of the facility and the available space within the stalls. The structure will generally determine how spacious one unit is compared to the other. You may likely find more leeway when using a trailer restroom.
- Toilet amenities: The larger trailer restrooms may necessitate why they are usually well equipped with modern features like solar-powered LED lights, sinks, mirrors, hand dryers e.t.c Standard portable toilets are now being built with similar features making both facilities similar when compared.
- The delivery method of the toilets: When public restrooms are hired, there will be a need to transport these units to the venue of the events. As earlier stated, the company’s truck providing the units delivers the bathrooms to the specific site with portable toilets. For clarity, a restroom trailer is assisted by a trailer and delivered to the event. The pulling of the facility usually carries it out by the trailer.